Start a new topic

Can get backspace parameter to work

Hi,

For some reason I can get the backspace parameter to work.  I've tried all variations of spacing.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

{exp:category_construct:categories parent_id="38" entry_id="{entry_id}" backspace="1"}{construct:cat_name},{exp:category_construct:categories}

Hi Jim, because of the way the Construct tag pair works, backspace doesn’t really work well. You should be able to accomplish what you need with conditionals.

{exp:category_construct:categories parent_id="38" entry_id="{entry_id}" backspace="1"}{construct:cat_name}{if construct:count != construct:total_results},{/if}{exp:category_construct:categories}

Hi TJ,

I have tried that but {construct:count} and {construct:total_results} don't seem to parse.  {count} and {total_results} parse but always as 1 regardless of how many categories are output.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jim

Now it seems that nothing parses unless I specify and entry id in the parameter.

I would expect this to parse all categories on the site but it doesn't output anything:

{exp:category_construct:categories}

{construct:cat_name}

{/exp:category_construct:categories}

Is that expected behavior?

Thanks!

Hi TJ,

Are you able to help me with this?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I believe Category Construct requires, at the very least, a group ID parameter. Does the tag pair output anything if you use the group_id parameter?

Hi TJ,

Ok, yes it displays with the group id.  Any idea about the contstruct:count issue?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, I’m not able to replicate any issues with {contruct:count} or {construct:total_results}. When you say they are not parsing, does that mean that you don’t see any output from those tags, or that they are output raw?

Login or Signup to post a comment